Settling in nicely...
Leaving your child at nursery for the first time can be such an emotional time. The thought of leaving your little one in a new place with unfamiliar people can be truly heart-wrenching. We completely understand what a big step this is for you as a family.
It’s easy to forget at times like these that your child is actually at the start of a very exciting journey. They’ll soon be making friends, growing in confidence and telling you all about the exciting things they’ve learned today!
To help this wonderful experience get off to a good start, we aim to make your child’s first day at nursery as calm and positive as possible. We do this by providing our free ‘settling in sessions’.
Our Settling in Sessions
Before your little one starts at nursery, we’ll invite you to bring them along for some settling in sessions. This involves you bringing your child into nursery and staying with them as they explore their new environment and get to know their key person.
When you’re ready, you can pop out of the room for a short time so your child can get used to being in their new environment without you. You can do this as many times as you need to before you leave your little one at nursery for a full session.
Settling in Sessions
- You can spend some time getting to know the person who will be your child’s main carer at nursery
- Your key person can find out lots of information from you about your child’s routines, favourite activities and how they like to be comforted
- Your child can familiarise themselves with their surroundings and new people, whilst still having the person they love most nearby
- Your child will learn that although you will leave them at nursery sometimes, you will always come back
- Seeing what a lovely time the other children are having at nursery will really help you feel more confident about leaving your little one in our care